Physiotherapy in Devon
Our Physiotherapy Department in Devon has both in and outpatient facilities offering a comprehensive range of treatments. We aim to provide a complete package of care to patients, which combines a full assessment with education and self-help programmes and conventional physiotherapeutic treatments.
- All Physiotherapists are all experienced and Chartered as well as being registered with the Health Professions Council
- Well equipped Department with wide range of modern physiotherapeutic equipment
- All appointments are individually designed
- We aim to see emergency problems within 24 hours of referral
- One to one patient care
- Extended appointment hours available
- Recognised by all major insurance companies
- Competitive Self pay packages
Treating sports injuries with physiotherapy
Any injury to the body can be a nuisance, but even more so if you are involved in sport. It is important to obtain immediate advice and effective treatment following injury as a delay could lengthen your recovery time.
At Mount Stuart Hospital we are able to offer access to Chartered Physiotherapists within 24 hours, who will assess your injury, begin appropriate treatment and guide your rehabilitation, to enable you to return to your sport as soon as possible. The Physiotherapist will provide a structured progressive treatment programme, tailormade to your pathology, including correcting any dysfunctional movement patterns.
The department is open for Outpatients:
Monday to Thursday 8am to 7pm
Friday 8am until 4pm
The Physiotherapy department accepts referral from both GPs and Consultants. You may also self-refer for treatment. In this situation the Physiotherapist will report any findings and outcome at the end of your treatment back to your GP.
- Services offered Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Neck and back care
- Sports injuries
- Strains and sprains-joints and muscles
- Arthritic and Rheumatic conditions
- Neurological problems
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- Vestibular rehabilitation (Vertigo)
To book an appointment please telephone the Physiotherapy department on 01803 321636