The Imaging Department consists of:
- State of the art General Radiography/ Fluoroscopy Digital Radiography Room
- An Ultrasound room
- 2 Image Intensifiers in Theatres
- A Mobile MRI scanner that visits the Hospital every other Tuesday and Friday
- A Mobile CT scanner that visits every other Saturday
The Department is staffed by experienced professionals and is supported by 6 Consultant Radiologists.
Services we offer at Mount Stuart:
- Chest X-Rays
- Chest X-Rays for Emigration
Fluroscopic Contrast Slides
- Fluoroscopy guided joint injections
- Spinal injections
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Trans vaginal
- US guided steroid injections
MRI / CT Scanning
MRI and CT services are managed by Ramsay Diagnostics UK and appointments are available on a regular basis.
The company has the first 64-slice CT scanner in a mobile unit in Europe. This provides high definition, fast imaging and an extended range of CT imaging services including:
- General CT
- CT KUB
- CT Brains
- Muscoskeletal CT
RDUK has fleet of 1.5 Tesla MRI mobile scanners, the services we offer include:
- Musculoskeletal MRI
- MRI MRCP
- Brain MRI
- Prostate MRI
- Gynae MRI
For general Radiography, appointments can be offered as early as the day of referral. Reports are usually provided within 48 hours. For other procedures, depending on the specialty, an appointment will be offered within three days and reports sent to the GP.
GP’s can refer directly for all services.
Imaging department opening hours:
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5.00pm
Please contact us on 01803 321678 and leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.