Our Physiotherapy Department in Devon has both in and outpatient facilities offering a comprehensive range of treatments. We aim to provide a complete package of care to patients. This combines a full assessment with education and self-help programmes and conventional physiotherapeutic treatments.
- All Physiotherapists are all experienced and Chartered as well as being registered with the Health Professions Council
- Well equipped Department with wide range of modern physiotherapeutic equipment
- All appointments are individually designed
- We aim to see emergency problems within 24 hours of referral
- One to one patient care
- Extended appointment hours available
- Recognised by all major insurance companies
- Competitive Self pay packages
Treating sports injuries with physiotherapy
Any injury to the body can be a nuisance, but even more so if you are involved in sport. It is important to obtain immediate advice and effective treatment following injury as a delay could lengthen your recovery time.
At Mount Stuart Hospital we are able to offer access to Chartered Physiotherapists, who will assess your injury, begin appropriate treatment and guide your rehabilitation to enable you to return to your sport as soon as possible. The Physiotherapist will provide a structured, progressive treatment programme, tailor-made to your pathology, including correcting any dysfunctional movement patterns.
The department is open for Outpatients:
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
The Physiotherapy department accepts referral from both GPs and Consultants. You may also self-refer for treatment.
- Services offered Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Neck and back care
- Sports injuries
- Strains and sprains-joints and muscles
- Arthritic and Rheumatic conditions
- Neurological problems
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- Vestibular rehabilitation (Vertigo)